Advice for choosing a course through Clearing
igen’s Connexions Careers Advisers have provided the following questions to ask yourself when choosing a course through Clearing:
- Does the course seem interesting?
- Do I really want to study this subject?
- Is the course compatible with my career aims?
- Does the course offer any exemptions from relevant
- How long is the course?
- How is the course assessed?
- by exam?
- by continuous assessment?
- How is the course taught?
- What combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, practicals?
- What is the course structure?
- What options exist?
- Is there opportunity for study abroad, to learn a
- language etc.?
- What are the common destinations for graduates from this course?
- What proportion find work?
- Is the university urban or rural?
- Is it on one or more sites?
- Where would I actually study?
- Is there accommodation available for students entering through clearing?
- What kind?
- How much does it cost?
- How far is it from the institution?
- What is the surrounding area like?
- Will I be able to find non university accommodation?
- What is public transport like?
- What social and sporting facilities are available?
Notes to editors: For further information and to confirm attendance contact Zoe Tolman, igen Communications and Research Executive, email: email@example.com, Tel: 0113 226 2132, Mobile, 07824 505 518.